Discover Bingen am Rhein - a city full of history and nature
Worth seeing in Bingen
- Binger Mäuseturm: A distinctive tower on the banks of the Rhine with an interesting history.
- Rhein-Nahe-Eck: A square where the Rhine and Nahe rivers meet. The Museum am Strom is also located here.
- Rochus Chapel: This historical chapel, located on the summit of Rochusberg, provides a fantastic panoramic view of the Rhine Valley.
- Rochusberg Vineyards: Explore the surrounding vineyards of Rochusberg that are used for wine cultivation and enjoy a wine tasting of regional wines.
Impressions from Bingen
Bingen, a short portrait
Welcome to Bingen, a historic town on the Rhine River known for its wine production, picturesque location, and cultural diversity.
Bingen has been a center of winemaking for centuries. Visit one of the local wineries and taste the delicious wines of the region. Experience the richness of aromas and flavors that distinguish the wines of Bingen.
Explore the charming old town of Bingen with its narrow streets and historic buildings. Visit the Basilica of St. Martin and the old town hall, which are among the architectural highlights of the city. Learn more about the history of Bingen and immerse yourself in the past of this fascinating town.
Enjoy a boat trip on the Rhine and admire the breathtaking landscape along the river. The picturesque vineyards, castles, and palaces create an idyllic backdrop that you shouldn't miss.
Bingen is also known for its cultural diversity. Visit one of the museums or galleries and discover the art and culture of this vibrant city. Experience a variety of events and festivals that take place throughout the year.
Bingen – the location
Bingen, some dates
- federal state: Rheinland-Pfalz
- Residents: 25561
- area: 37.09
- postal code: 55411-55413
- Phone prefix: 6721
- Website: www.bingen.de/
Places near Bingen
That's close to Bingen
Klopp Castle is a striking fortress offering splendid views of the city of Bingen.
The Niederwalddenkmal is a monumental memorial on the Niederwald near Rüdesheim on the Rhine and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.
The ruins of Ehrenfels Castle are a popular spot to experience the region's history and nature.
Brömserburg is a fascinating example of medieval architecture in the heart of Rüdesheim.
The Drosselgasse in Rüdesheim on the Rhine is a world-famous street, known for its wine taverns and vibrant atmosphere.
The medieval Reichenstein Castle is known for its castle museum and hospitality.