Vallendar - A City with Charm and History
Worth seeing in Vallendar
- Schönstatt Chapel: The original chapel of the international Schönstatt Movement is an important pilgrimage site and stands for spirituality and renewal.
- Haus Wasserburg: A spiritual center and conference house of the Pallottines with a rich history and an inviting atmosphere.
- St. Marzellinus and Petrus Church: This historic church is the heart of the local Catholic community and an excellent example of Baroque architecture.
- Marketplace: The central square of Vallendar, surrounded by shops, cafes, and restaurants, is a great place to experience local life.
Impressions from Vallendar
Vallendar, a short portrait
Welcome to Vallendar, a charming town on the Rhine River known for its historical buildings, scenic beauty, and proximity to the university.
Vallendar impresses with its well-preserved historical buildings, including Schloss Arenberg and the St. Martin Collegiate Church. Visit these architectural treasures and immerse yourself in the history and culture of the city.
The location of Vallendar on the Rhine also offers impressive scenery. Enjoy walks along the Rhine riverbank and experience the picturesque beauty of the river and its surrounding nature. Take advantage of the numerous hiking trails in the area to explore the charming landscape of the Westerwald.
Vallendar is also known for its renowned university, the WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management. Visit the campus and experience the dynamic and international atmosphere of this prestigious educational institution.
Discover the beauty of Vallendar and be inspired by the historical splendor, natural surroundings, and student flair of this unique town on the Rhine.
Vallendar – the location
Vallendar, some dates
- federal state: Rheinland-Pfalz
- Residents: 9049
- area: 30.64
- postal code: 56179
- Phone prefix: 261
- Website: www.vallendar.eu
Places near Vallendar
Bendorf is known for Sayn Castle and Sayn Castle Park. Ideal starting point for outdoor activities.
That's close to Vallendar
Fortress Emperor Franz
Fortress Emperor Franz is an impressive fortress offering deep insights into history.
Ehrenbreitstein Fortress, one of the largest fortresses in Europe, offers a breathtaking view of the Rhine.
Koblenz cable car
Experience the Koblenz Cable Car: Breathtaking views and historical discoveries along the Rhine.
Old Castle (Koblenz)
The Old Castle in Koblenz is a historical landmark with a fascinating past.
The Middle Rhine Museum in Koblenz unites art, culture, and history of the Middle Rhine Valley, bridging the past to the present.
Sayn Castle is a fascinating historical monument with a picturesque location above the Rhine.
Sayn Palace is a magnificent example of Baroque architecture and is surrounded by breathtaking gardens.
Electoral Palace (Koblenz)
The Electoral Palace in Koblenz is a splendid example of Baroque architecture.
Engers Castle, an impressive baroque residence, captivates with its beauty and history.