Linz am Rhein - The Colorful City
Worth seeing in Linz am Rhein
- Burg Linz (Linz Castle): A medieval castle with fantastic views.
- Historical Old Town: Timber-framed houses and narrow streets filled with shops, cafes, and restaurants.
- Martinskirche (St. Martin's Church): Impressive Gothic church from the 12th century.
- Buttermarkt (Butter Market): Central square surrounded by historic buildings.
- Schloss Rennenberg (Rennenberg Castle): Historic site near Linz.
- Rheinfähre (Rhine Ferry): Experience crossing the Rhine and enjoy the landscape from the water.
Impressions from Linz am Rhein
Linz am Rhein, a short portrait
Welcome to Linz am Rhein, a picturesque town on the Rhine River known for its colorful half-timbered architecture, cultural events, and idyllic location.
Linz am Rhein impresses with its well-preserved half-timbered architecture that adorns the streets of the old town. Stroll through the narrow alleys, admire the brightly painted houses, and discover historical landmarks such as Linz Castle and St. Martin's Church.
The location of Linz am Rhein directly on the riverbank offers an idyllic backdrop. Enjoy walks along the Rhine River and watch the passing ships. Visit the idyllic town park and relax amidst nature.
Linz am Rhein is also known for its diverse cultural events. Attend one of the music festivals or artisan markets that regularly take place in the city.
Immerse yourself in the charm of Linz am Rhein and experience the combination of historical architecture, idyllic landscape, and cultural flair in this picturesque town on the Rhine.
Linz am Rhein – the location
Linz am Rhein, some dates
- federal state: Rheinland-Pfalz
- Residents: 5079
- area: 61.01
- postal code: 53545
- Phone prefix: 2644
- Website: www.linz.de
Places near Linz am Rhein
Remagen, known for its role in World War II, offers sights such as the Ludendorff Bridge and Peace Museum.
Unkel, known for its artistic heritage, offers the Arp Museum and access to the Rhine Cycle Path.
Bad Hönningen, known for its thermal springs, is a destination for those seeking relaxation and nature lovers.
That's close to Linz am Rhein
Ockenfels Castle is a picturesque medieval castle that perches high above the Rhine.
Dattenberg Castle, a historic fortress, provides an impressive view of the surrounding landscapes.
Vilzelt Castle, a historic gem, offers an impressive view of the surrounding Rhine Valley.
Arenfels Castle is known for its splendid neo-Gothic architecture and breathtaking gardens.
Rheineck Castle, an enchanting place with fascinating history, invites exploration.