Remagen - A city rich in history and culture
Worth seeing in Remagen
- Peace Museum: The Peace Museum in Remagen is located in the remnants of the Ludendorff Bridge, documenting the history of the bridge and the events of the Second World War.
- Rhine Promenade: A beautiful promenade along the Rhine, inviting for walks and relaxation.
- Apollinaris Church: An imposing church on Apollinarisberg with breathtaking views of Remagen and the Rhine.
- Gemarkenhof Ostrich Farm: A unique location in Remagen where visitors have the opportunity to experience ostriches up close. Here, one can learn more about the breeding and keeping of these fascinating birds. The farm also offers regional products, including ostrich meat and leather. A highlight for families is the opportunity to feed the young animals and learn more about the life and habits of ostriches.
- Arp Museum Bahnhof Rolandseck: A modern art museum that showcases both classical and contemporary works, housed in a historic train station building. It connects Remagen's history with art and invites you on a cultural journey of discovery.
- Roman Villa: The remains of an ancient Roman villa shed light on the region's long history and its importance in antiquity. Here, visitors can admire the foundations and some preserved mosaics.
- Peace Chapel "Black Madonna": This special chapel in Remagen houses a replica of the Black Madonna of Częstochowa and is a place of silence and prayer. It was erected as a symbol of peace and reconciliation after the horrors of the Second World War.
Impressions from Remagen
Remagen, a short portrait
Welcome to Remagen, a charming town on the Rhine River known for its historical attractions, idyllic location, and diverse recreational opportunities.
Remagen has a rich history that dates back to Roman times. Visit the Peace Museum Remagen and learn more about the significant role the town played during World War II. Explore the Apollinarisberg and visit the ruins of the Apollinariskirche, from where you have a breathtaking view of the town and the Rhine.
The idyllic location of Remagen on the Rhine invites you to leisurely walks. Enjoy the fresh air and the view of the river. Discover the Rhine promenade with its cozy restaurants and cafes.
Remagen is also a popular starting point for outdoor activities. Take a hike along the Rheinsteig or explore the surrounding vineyards by bike. The diverse landscape offers many opportunities for outdoor activities.
Remagen – the location
Remagen, some dates
- federal state: Rheinland-Pfalz
- Residents: 16353
- area: 49.88
- postal code: 53424
- Phone prefix: 2642
- Website: www.remagen.de
Places near Remagen
Unkel, known for its artistic heritage, offers the Arp Museum and access to the Rhine Cycle Path.
Linz am Rhein
Linz am Rhein is known for its colorful half-timbered architecture and diverse cultural events.
Bad Honnef is a spa town on the Rhine River, known for its healing salt springs and beautiful location.
Bad Hönningen, known for its thermal springs, is a destination for those seeking relaxation and nature lovers.
That's close to Remagen
Vilzelt Castle, a historic gem, offers an impressive view of the surrounding Rhine Valley.
Ockenfels Castle is a picturesque medieval castle that perches high above the Rhine.
Dattenberg Castle, a historic fortress, provides an impressive view of the surrounding landscapes.
Arenfels Castle is known for its splendid neo-Gothic architecture and breathtaking gardens.
Löwenburg (Bad Honnef)
Löwenburg is a historical landmark with a spectacular view and fascinating history.